This two year diploma encourages the practice of yoga and focuses on the skills required to teach all aspects of holistic yoga to all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
The course covers the whole range of yoga; physical, mental, ethical, philosophical and Spiritual. The diploma is not awarded for any one aspect of yoga.
The diploma consists of a ten month foundation course followed by a further ten month intensive training schedule. The course is held over one weekend every other month, plus home study and practice. The 2019 foundation course dates are as follows: May 18th/19th, July 20th/21st, Sept 7th/8th, Nov 16th/17th, Jan 19th/20th (2020).
The weekend sessions will be held at Bude Yoga & Therapy Space, Bude, North Cornwall
FRIENDS OF YOGA SOCIETY INTERNATIONAL (FRYOG) IS:
- A Yoga Alliance Registered School ( RYS 200 HRS )
- A member of the British Council for Yoga Therapy (BCYT)
- Affiliated with the Institute of Complementary and Natural Medicine (ICNM)
- A member of The Independent Yoga Network (IYN)
- FRYOG trained teachers are acknowledged and registered with the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS)
AREAS OF STUDY / COURSE CURRICULUM
- Traditional Yoga Philosophy and its therapeutic value.
- The Nature and History of Comprehensive Yoga.
- Physical preparation- Asanas- Yoga Postures.
- Mental Aspects of Yoga.
- Spiritual Aspects of Yoga.
- Pranayama- Breathing techniques to move Vital Energy.
- Chakras and Koshas.
- Kriyas ( Techniques to cleanse and purify ).
- Meditation and Mantra.
- Anatomy and Physiology and bio-mechanics of the body.
- Indepth study of Yoga Philosophy including The Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Patanjali Sutras.
- Study of modern day literature and works.
- Teaching skills and methods in and out of the classroom.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. HOW MUCH YOGA EXPERIENCE DO I NEED TO BECOME A YOGA TEACHER ?
A. We ask for a minimum of one year regular practice coupled with great passion and desire.
Q. ON COMPLETION OF THE DIPLOMA, CAN I OBTAIN INSURANCE TO TEACH?
A. Yes, we can advise excellent insurance which covers you in the UK.
Q. DO I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DO ALL THE POSTURES ?
A. No, This course is to deepen your knowledge and offer you the teaching skills and guidance to pass on your knowledge and expertise to others.
Q. DO I HAVE TO PAY UPFRONT FOR THE COURSE OR CAN I SPREAD THE COST OF THE COURSE OVER ITS DURATION ?
A. The payment for the first year foundation course is £1400 and payments can be spread throughout. A non refundable deposit of £100 is payable upfront and the remaining balance by monthly direct debit. The cost of the second year is £1400 and payments are also spread throughout the second year.
Q. HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED ?
A. The course is delivered with a mixture of practical and theory sessions with comprehensive course notes. Anatomy/Physiology & Movement are taught by a registered Osteopath www.bourneclinics.com
Q. I AM A MAN BUT THE CLASSES I ATTEND ARE MAINLY FULL OF WOMEN. ARE MEN ABLE TO TRAIN AS YOGA TEACHERS ?
A. Of Course !! Some of the greatest teachers past and present are men. We have many male teachers in the FRYOG organisation.
Q. HOW MUCH SUPPORT WILL I RECEIVE THROUGHOUT THE COURSE ?
A. I am an extremely experienced teacher who has taught at all levels with all age groups and in many varied establishments. You have no need to worry ! I will guide you, support you and be with you on your journey through all the highs and lows. You will be taught in a safe, warm and nurturing environment.